Friday, November 12, 2010

I LOVE Being a Girl


Somebody just reminded me of how much of an emotional creature I am.

When I get super sleep deprived I get extra emotional…probably because my hormone levels are making my brain revert to more primitive patterns of activity.

BUT I was reminded of the poem by Eve Ensler today, “I am an Emotional Creature.” It is from the book I’ve been meaning to read, but just haven’t gotten around to it. Anyway, I would like to state that I am an emotional creature…that is how HE/SHE made me. I love being a girl…period.

“I can feel what you're feeling,
 as you're feeling it inside, 
the feeling 
before.
 I am an emotional creature…These feelings make me better.
 They make me ready.
 They make me PRESENT.
 They make me STRONG. I am an emotional, devotional, 
incandotional, creature. 
And I love, hear me, 
love love love
being a girl.”

Check out the poem here. And J. Hudson vagina monologue  version!

2 comments:

  1. love the poem! I, too, am an emotional creature. That's just the way I always have been/will be. Some people might not understand us, but at least we don't have the emotional range of a teaspoon like a lot of people....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...it is true! Our emotions make us ALIVE!

    Thanks for your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete