Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Latina Institute

Last year, I had the wonderful opportunity of interning at the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health. NLIRH is an amazingly progressive institute at the forefront of reproductive justice issues. Their mission is to ensure the fundamental human right to reproductive health and justice for Latinas, their families and their communities through public education, community mobilization and policy advocacy.

Not only did I get to live in NYC but I also got to travel occasionally to DC to lobby on Capitol Hill or attend real fancy shmancy events! 

Working for NLRIH couldn't have come at a better time since our nation's politicians were trying to pass health care reform. I learned a lot about the bill and even more about the legislative process. 

But the reason for this blog isn't about my experience, but to promote all the resources NLIRH has to offer. Also, many of you have asked me about NLIRH and have already asked me to send you some of their publications. So here are some useful links:



Feel free to browse around since they have very significant resources for researchers, policy makers, and even the media! I will also keep you all updated for job/intern openings at NLIRH!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment