Saturday, August 6, 2011

#NoJustifiedWars

Today in 1945, the US dropped a nuclear bomb in Hiroshima killing 166,000 people and then another in Nagasaki which would kill another 90,000 innocent people.

Also, last weekend marked one year that SB1070 was signed into law in Arizona.

Ironically enough, last night I was reminded of the beginning of the Black Panther Movement, in which I recalled the recitation of the poem "Uncle Sammy." Bobby Seale recited this anti-draft poem into a crowd of about 30 spectators and was later arrested after policemen attacked him and Mr. Newton for using anti-American verbage. Anyway, I thought it would be very fitting to recall this poem in light of the anniversary of the these recent events.


"Uncle Sammy Called me Fulla Lucifer"
Uncle Sammy don’t shuck and jive me,
I’m hip the popcorn jazz changes you blow,
You know damn well what I mean,
You school my naive heart to sing
red-white-and-blue-stars-and-stripes songs and to pledge eternal allegiance to all things blue, true, blue-eyed blond, blond-haired, white chalk white skin with U.S.A. tattooed all over,
When my soul trusted Uncle Sammy,
Loved Uncle Sammy,
I died in dreams for you Uncle Sammy,
Died in dreams playing war for you Uncle Sammy,
No, I don’t want to hear that crap,
You jam your emasculate manhood symbol, puff with Gonorrhea,
Gonorrhea of corrupt un-realty myths into my ungreased, nigger ghetto, black-ass, my Jewish-Cappy-Hindu-Islamic-Sioux-sure, free public health penicillin cured me,
But Uncle Sammy if you want to stay a freak-show strongman god,
Fuck your motherfucking self,
I will not serve.

Now I know many of you will think negatively upon me for posting such Anti-American literature, but the truth is you are right, but you are also wrong. Truth is you need my people here. You need us to clean your houses, to take care of your families, to make sure your next generation grows up to take your place, and of course you need us to pick your food. But the truth also is you don't want us here. The minute we begin asking something of you, even if it is the right to basic human services you want to run us out. When in reality, this is OUR land....but don't let me get started on that.

Also, don't tell me I don't love this country when I live, work, and organize in neighborhoods you would NEVER dare to step into. You don't know the true America like we do....Yet it is easy for you to vote for wars and anti-immigration and make backwards ass policy for people you know nothing about. "America" is changing, when will you notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment